This toolkit is a series of tools for church leaders to use as guidance on certain occasions where adults with learning disabilities are involved, i.e,:
- Preparation for ill health/incapacity of a parent/carer.
- Preparation for bereavement.
- Preparing and taking a funeral service and committal or crematorium.
- Preparation for adult baptism or confirmation.
- Preparation for first communion.
- Discipleship courses i.e., Alpha Course.
The toolkit incorporates a leader’s guide together with a fully accessible version to take a learning disabled person through the occasion. This employs simple language, pictures and Makaton symbols.
The toolkit has been assembled from over 30 years of acquired knowledge of working in partnership with churches leading worship and bible teaching for adults with learning disabilities.