HOPE’s dream is a growing church, showing Jesus’ love and telling the Jesus story at the heart of every community.
They are working towards 2018 and a massive year of mission in words and action to make Jesus known, together with churches across the spectrum of denominations.
Here’s what 2018 could look like:
- Churches praying together during Lent
- Friends and neighbours invited to church for Easter guest services. Open-air Passion Plays; hot-cross-bun give-aways; shoe-shine stalls and more
- Summer Fun Days bringing communities together, and churches serving their neighbourhoods in practical ways during the summer.
- Pop-up restaurants at Harvest to build friendships and stronger communities
- Churches at the heart of community events to mark the centenary of the end of World War 1.
- 99 days of prayer, peace and reconciliation from 4 August to 11 November 2018
- Christmas carol singing door to door, flash-mobs choirs in shopping centres, and Christmas guest services