Thy Kingdom Come is a global prayer movement, which invites Christians around the world to pray between Ascension and Pentecost for more people to come to know Jesus Christ.
Hundreds of thousands took part in 2016, when the Archbishops of Canterbury and York invited parishes across England to join a great wave of prayer for the evangelisation of the nation.
But for 2017 the vision is even bigger, with churches, families and individuals across the world pledging to pray from 25th May – 4th June.
“We’re asking people to pray in whatever way they want, with whoever they want and wherever they can, that others might know Jesus Christ”, shared Archbishop Justin Welby.
The hope is that:
- people will commit to pray with God’s world-wide family – as a church, individually or as a family;
- churches will hold prayer events, such as 24-7 prayer, prayer stations and prayer walks, across the UK and in other parts of the world;
- people will be empowered through prayer by the Holy Spirit, finding new confidence to be witnesses for Jesus Christ.
- access Thy Kingdom Come’s wide range of prayer resources for individuals, families and churches at thykingdomcome.global
- add yourself to the Pledge2Pray map